In accordance with recommendations made by the Indiana Bureau of Child Labor, high schools are encouraged to adopt policies for work permits that make education a priority.
As of November 11, 2001, Pike High School requires the following documentation in order to issue a work permit to a student:
- A copy of the student’s most recent report card
- Verification of student’s attendance
- A student who has received an “F” in any class during the current grading period shall be denied a work permit.
- A student who has been absent more than five (5) times in a class during the current grading period will be denied a work permit.
- Any student whose academic progress begins to decline during the current grading period shall have his/her work permit rescinded.
All students should completely fill out the Work Permit, Intent to Employ Form and have it processed with Mrs. Green at the front desk of the main campus. To help submit items or ask questions, you can email Mrs. Green at [email protected]
Work Permit Intent to Employ Form
Department of Labor Website