The MSD of Pike Township Board welcomes the active interest of parents and citizens in our public schools, and invites the community to visit at any time. However, since schools are a place of work and learning and must be secure, certain limits must be set to visits. The building principal is responsible for all persons in the building and on the grounds. For these reasons, the following policy applies to visitors to school:
- Anyone who is not a regular staff member or student of the school will be termed a "visitor."
- Any visitor to the school must report to the office of the principal upon arrival at school.
- Parents or citizens who wish to observe a classroom while school is in session are expected to arrange such visits in advance with the teacher and inform the principal.
- Teachers should not be expected to take class time to discuss individual matters with visitors.
- The principal has final authority on permitting/approving school visitations.