Summer Adventure Program
When: June 7-25, 2021
Where: All Elementary and Middle Schools (limited enrollment)
Overview & Purpose
The Summer School Learning Adventure Program is designed to provide students with an in-person learning experience that provides:
- Time for students to reconnect, reflect, and ready themselves for new learning
- An enriched project-based learning experience to practice academic skills needed for new learning
- A safe place with proven protocols for health and safety
Limited Capacity Enrollment (100-150 per school)
- The 2021 MSD of Pike Township Summer Learning Program will be designed to provide students with an opportunity to accelerate learning due to the loss of in-person instructional time during COVID-19.
- To maintain health and safety protocols, in-person learning will be provided at each elementary and middle school.
- Due to limited enrollment capacity, each school will be sending out invitations based on student academic need and engagement during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Federal funding provided to schools must address student academic skills and the acceleration of learning; however, student enrichment activities will be embedded within each school program.
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Free breakfast and lunch served by Chartwells Dining Services
- Free school bus transportation provided daily.
- Project-based learning (PBL) units based on grade-level academic standards
- PBL is a form of teaching and learning in which students gain knowledge and skills through investigation and engagement with an authentic question, challenge, or problem.
- Enrichment activities will be embedded throughout the program.
All Grade 3 students that Did Not Pass the IREAD-3 assessment will meet with school staff to determine strategies for improvement of grade-level reading skills.
- Students that Did Not Pass the IREAD-3 and Do Not Qualify for a Good Cause Exemption must attend the Summer Learning Program for remediation and participate in the Summer IREAD-3 Re-test.
- Students that Did Not Pass the IREAD-3 and Qualify for a Good Cause Exemption may participate in the summer program, but will not participate in the IREAD-3 Re-test.